Audit / Accounts Senior
Excellent opportunity for an Audit/Accounts Senior looking for a career in general practice.
An independent accountancy practice based in Motherwell, Lanarkshire, is currently looking for an Audit/Accounts Senior. The successful applicant will play an important role as part of a small team responsible for providing a full spectrum of audit assurance, accounting, taxation and business support services to a well-established and ever-strengthening client base.
The role focuses on delivering audit and accounting services but will also include providing a wide range of business support services to our clients and client development. The role also requires the supervision of more junior staff and providing support and training.
The main duties include:
- Leading audit engagements from planning through to completion
- Identifying complex audit and accounting issues and working to resolve these
- Ensuring audit and accounting files have appropriate and sufficient documentation to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions
- Delegation of tasks to appropriate team members
- Pro-active communication to enable consistent workflow and effective work planning
- Review the work of more junior team members providing constructive feedback and supporting their growth as they move through the firm
- Professional and friendly communication with clients and colleagues
- A dedication to technical competence and your own personal development
- Using accounting tax and other software to maximise technical accuracy and efficiency
- Build and maintain close relationships with clients and identify business development opportunities
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Solid audit and accountancy back ground, CA/ACCA qualified or nearing completion
- Previous experience of leading audit teams in a professional practice office
- A dedication to technical competence, accuracy and attention to detail
- Organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work to budgets and deadlines
- Good communication skills with clients and colleagues
- Pro-active communication skills to enable and encourage consistent workflow end effective work planning
- Ability to learn and use accounting, tax and other software to maximise technical accuracy and efficiency
- Maintains a calm and professional manner, particularly in difficult situations, and ability to resolve problems
Competitive salary based on relevant qualifications, skills and experience.