As a long established accountancy practice with an ongoing growing client base, we have a requirement for an experienced Senior Accountant in our Alexander Marshall office in Motherwell.
If you are an accounts senior, experienced in general accounts practice, and with a dedication for first class client service, then this could be the perfect role for you.
Candidates will have at least 5 years of practical experience and knowledge of business and personal tax, and solid experience in the preparation of accounts files for Manager review. An ability and willingness to handle discussions, correspondence and meetings with clients is also required. The right candidate will be effective as a supervisor with a desire to grow the client base and team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual who is looking to work within a rapidly growing practice, with opportunities to develop their career path for their long-term future should they wish.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Supervision of the accounts team supported by the Accounts Manager
- Preparing limited company, sole trader and partnership accounts and tax returns
- Supporting with the development of our cloud based accounting offering
- Reviewing the work of junior members of staff
- Preparation of Corporation Tax Returns
- Supervision of the preparation, finalisation and submission of VAT returns using cloud accounting software
- Responsible for overseeing the bookkeeping requirements of clients
- Managing and complying with reporting requirements and filing
- Reviewing and discussing accounts and tax position with clients
You will have:
- ACCA/ICAS Qualified / qualified by experience
- Experience in a client facing role
- Experience in an accountancy firm
- Experience in cloud-based accounting platforms
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong communication and administrative skills
If you feel you have what it takes to be our new Senior Accountant then apply today.
- Company pension
- Competitive holiday entitlement
- Sick pay
- New company wide benefits package being developed
About Opulus Financial:
Opulus Financial currently trades under four brands: Nicolson Accountancy, John Kerr & Co, Alexander Marshall and Craig Cleland. The business operates from six offices with a team of approximately 40 people. This is an exciting time to join the business as it looks to make further acquisitions and expand the business.
Our highly experienced team of accountancy and tax specialists work closely with our clients, supporting them to grow and achieve their business aspirations. Our client base covers businesses of all sizes, from sole traders to large employers across all industries in Scotland and further afield.
We provide the full range of accountancy services for clients, including bookkeeping, accounts preparation, payroll, audit and taxation services.
The variety of work we do and the range of clients we work with mean you will have plenty of opportunity to experience a broad range of bookkeeping and accountancy issues. With our support you’ll have the space to grow professionally.
CVs should be submitted to Lynne Wedgeworth on firstname.lastname@example.org